Join over a million people
Who can donate blood?
The person must fulfill several criteria to be accepted as a blood donor. These criteria are set forth to ensure the safety of the donor as well as the quality of donated blood.
Donor Selection Criteria
- Age above 18 years and below 60 years.
- If previously donated, at least 4 months should be elapsed since the date of previous donation.
- Hemoglobin level should be more than 12g/dL.
- Free from any serious disease condition or pregnancy.
- Should have a valid identity card or any other document to prove the identity.
- Free from “Risk Behaviours”.
- Sex workers and their clients.
- Drug addicts.
- Engaging in sex with any of the above.
- Having more than one sexual partner
Type of Donors
- Voluntory non remunerated donors. (donate for the sake of others and do not expect any benefit. their blood is considered safe and healthy)
- Replacement donors. (donate to replace the units used for their friends or family members)